Available this week from IDW Publishing is COBRA #13 and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Volume 4. In COBRA begins a new era for the series as the JOEs are forced to go underground. But that doesn’t mean they don’t plan to take the fight to Cobra‘s doorstep. In issue #13, Flint, Lady Jaye and a small Joe team are about to embark on a mission that has already claimed many JOEs’ lives, take down Cobra within. Don’t miss out on this new great story arc by writer Mike Costa!
Also available this week is G.I. Joe ARAH Volume 4, collecting the IDW Publishing run of the long-running A Real American Hero series. Both COBRA #13 and G.I. Joe ARAH Vol. 4 go on sale tomorrow, Wednesday, May 23rd at your local comic shop; or available in digital format through the comiXology.com website or app. In the meantime, you can check out an advance preview of these books below.
COBRA #13 Preview
Written by Mike Costa, Art by Antonio Fuso, with covers by Fuso
A NEW ERA BEGINS HERE! The critically-acclaimed COBRA series enters a new era! With the JOEs fragmented, somebody’s got to handle the dirty work. Who will it be? Find out here! When G.I. JOE goes underground, the world will never be the same!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
– Variant David Williams cover!
– Variant Black & White David Williams cover!
• NEW CHARACTERS! NEW MISSION!
• SAME CUTTING-EDGE STORYTELLING!
• All the G.I. JOE titles this month have two foil character covers! Collect all six!
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Vol. 4
Written by Larry Hama, Art by S.L. Gallant, with cover by Gallant
The mission has begun: FLINT, LADY JAYE, and HEAVY DUTY take point on a top-secret operation to find an elusive foe that was long-thought dead. Meanwhile, SNAKE EYES, STORM SHADOW and BILLY face the largest threat to the Arashikage clan yet! The continuation of the original A REAL AMERICAN HERO story line brings more danger, battles, and surprises from long time G.I. JOE scribe Larry Hama.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 128 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-202-7
• “The A Real American Hero book continues to impress on a monthly basis and never fails to immerse me once again in a sense of 10 year old wonder…the same feeling I had when reading the old school Marvel series. They just seem to “get it” which is a rare feat these days.” –generalsjoes.com
• “For twelve years, Larry Hama wrote the adventures of every kid’s favorite daring, highly trained, special missions force. Now, almost 20 years later, he picks up right where he left off and it seems like not even a month has passed between titles.” –GeeksOfDoom.com
Discuss this news below or in the forums here »